0

GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM!!

The SPYs arrived Vietnam the morning of 27 Nov 08, after spending a day floating over the blue, blue sea... All safe and sound as we departed from Thailand... News had it that there's been a travel advisary to Bangkok, due to the travel situation... Lucky us, imagine if our YL got stuck in Cambodia and can't fly back to Thailand... Maybe we might an extra night... Sorry, no photos this time... My HDD is on the ship and happily hidden away...

Like always, the day we arrived at the port-of-call is welcomed by welcoming ceremony and port of call... And with an unforgetable dinner as well in a Cantonese Restaurant that had half the SPYs having instant noodles and smuggled sushi (Thanks to Mr Postman & Gang), way past the 11pm curfew...with all the stories of course...

Soon, 12 pm came, and I've yet to pack my things for home... After 4 homestays, I'm getting better and faster at packing my things albeit it's always a little on the heavy side. So I packed my things and then head off to my usual room, yup... room 441 (that's not my room)... For the first time, all of the 441 roomies were in 443... It has became an almost a nightly thing, the getting together that part to share the daily snippets of life onboard...

The morning of 28th, we huddled all our belongings for a 2 night stay in Vietnam. Yup, yup... and I have since taken a stance if I forget anything, i'll just buy... We had an intitutional visit to Bemark ( ops, i might spell wrongly here) and a lunch hosted by them... Way, way better than the dinner the night before... before heading to visit the Tyre company...

The visit to the tyre was company and I was impressed at how "Tuas" the place looked in terms of vast space and the manufacturing ambience and yup at how closely it looked like my company outlook in Sg... But too bad, I was disappointed by the fact that the visit was only 20mins of looking... Sigh, how short my expectation plummeted! And there's no like proper introduction of the manufacturing process, we could do with some diagrams...

Sigh... that was quite a disappointment... Anyway, next was the homematching ceremony... which took quite long...
Anyway, that's wasn't much to say but I super like my Vietnam house!! eSP MY ROOM!! it's 1.7m talll... hahahh...darm... need to go off already... will continue soon...

0 comments:



Visit SSEAYP 2008: Singapore Contingent