0

And I'm back... online...

The 28th today... Hahah... I must have gotten the dates wrong the previous time... and I'm back online and not to rushed to finish blogging... Wireless here in Vietnam in my District 3 is FREE, only on the second floor that is!! So here I am blogging and regretting leaving my HDD on the ship...

The homestay in Vietnam is different from the rest of my homestay... In Thailand, I stayed like I was on vacation as I had a well-to-do family where I went to spa on the first day and stayed in a condo apartment...

My Vietnamese house is an interesting 3-storey shophouse-looking one with no shop but technically, you can have a shop there and it's all fine. I shared a room with Ayano-chan, but luckily that I have the chance to have like different homestay and this time shared alot of laughters. BUT I got to really show you the room ... I'm staying on the first floor, the whole room is just below the living room and looked as if it's just attached to the bottom of second floor. But the most fun part and interesting is the way it's constructed... Hahah... I way too tall for my room, the height of my room is really 1.7m and I'm like 8cm taller than that... Hahah... Think Vietnam presents the most opportunities to see new things... Simply because, I'm staying with an average family... with unfamiliar environment... The shops are different than those in Thailand, and those who think that I shopped for random and interesting stuff might be disappointed... Having too much fun soaking the differences and ambience... Made me want to read Vietnam history, it seems that it has loads of historical places... Maybe I was influenced by this book I'm currently reading, a historical triller novel set in Germany (Yup, because I felt like reading up German history and going to Germany next... and I've just read the prologue of the book)...

Like I said earlier, me staying in District 3, we just came back from visiting the REunification Palace and treated with the presidential room and furniture and loads of other PYs and oh... our NLs as well... Hahah... Even when walking to the Notre Dame Cathederal... and the Post Office... I think Vietnam is the place I missed my camera the most...I've always been fascinated by buildings not to mention colonial and renaissance ones... the architecture of the community weaved through times... And to think I'm a chem kid... Hahah...

Me and Ayano-chan had lunch at home... Since I don't eat pork nor other meats to make things earlier for them, they always use a separate wok to cook for me... I had some kind of vietnamese salad crepes called ban-sell (I have no how to spell but it sounds like that!)... A rolled up salad veg with crepe, prawns, tauge, leek and some bean (i think it's pilaf)... Super full... and I didn't know "chomp-chomp" here means rambutan... I was trying to get Ayano-chan to describe to be me but it was kinda futile....

We are going shopping later at the small shop and night market later... Should really avoid the touristy places, not as much fun... Even when I was in Thailand, I didn't go the all the touristy places... hahah... and I shopped as much!!

Hmmmm... it's less that 2 weeks before we depart from Japan... Sigh... oh my, I'll be away for 52 days then... I'll miss the people... and this is going to end soon... sigh... sigh... boo hoo... Time to make the best of the time left... hmmm... and maybe I'll be back online tonight... See ya till then!!

0 comments:



Visit SSEAYP 2008: Singapore Contingent