0

DYL Message

VENETIA NG


" When I was told to write something for this blog, I asked myself “What in the world am I going to write about”? Even at this point of time, my thoughts are incoherent and my fingers hover above my keyboard, not knowing where to begin...


To you, who have somehow stumbled on our humble blog while surfing the internet, I would like to say WELCOME! I hope through these pages, you find out more on what we do in preparation for the 35th SSEAYP 2008 and possibly get inspired to take part in future years.

I must say, our contingent has come a long way from the awkward moments of initial introductions, to the intimate sharing of our individual milestones. Many of us struggled initially to the sacrifices that we had to make to ensure that we do not miss our weekday and weekend orientation trainings. However, as time went by, friendships were forged and being the dedicated, committed individuals we are, orientation training became habitual and no longer a sacrifice.

The Singapore Contingent came together and started off with a blank canvas, not knowing what colours to splash on or what designs to add on to make it worthy for showcasing. As the weeks passed, things began to take shape - the contingent logo was conceptualized, the uniforms were selected, the story-board for the cultural performance was fine tuned, cheers were getting louder with gusto and songs were sung with more confidence and conviction!

Today, each of us has added some colour and design to the canvas through our various contributions be it a skill, a knowledge or just pure commitment. It has now become a large montage of artwork, which will be showcased to fellow PYs from Japan and ASEAN. Just two more months of hard work, dedication and refining, we will surely be all set and ready to put our best foot forward for the programme.

Before I end off, some final notes to all SPYs 2008. Hang in there, look out for each other, be there for each other, stay positive and most importantly of all have loads of fun!"

0 comments:



Visit SSEAYP 2008: Singapore Contingent